Student will work with the department Marketing Specialist to assist in the development of the marketing packages for revenue generating business initiatives. This will include meeting with customers, completing analysis on data, preparing marketing information for publication, and working on the newsletter. There may be opportunities for the student to work with advisors on specific customer issues related to service.
Under the general supervision of the Marketing Specialist, you will assist with the maintenance and development of marketing items for various products and services that are within the department portfolio. Will also, work with other departments within the company to execute project objectives. Clerical functions may be called upon within the department.
- Must have exceptional technical writing skills for customers and other external viewers.
- Must have a good marketing knowledge Working knowledge of various software programs including MS-Office XP (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat and/or Exchange, MS-Windows Notepad (or similar text editors), and Windows Explorer.
- Ability to work effectively with various office equipment and machines including personal computers, photocopiers, scanners, and FAX machines.
- Must be familiar with Internet applications including search engines and web browsers. Outgoing & cooperative in meeting and dealing with internal and external personnel.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Skills / Highlights
- Collect, analyze, and interpret Marketing data to aid in the developmental growth of the departments business programs & projects.
- Create and update marketing items and website information for the products and services that the department is responsible for.
- Meet monthly with other departments to assist with marketing strategies for their products and services being offered to customers.
- Create publications that will be inserted in the newsletter which is circulated to all Major Customers.
- Organize media functions and events.
- Assist the advisors with day-to-day activities when requested.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Send an email with your resume and cover letter showing your understanding of lighting industry!