We are currently seeking a versatile and talented Mechanical Design Engineer to perform mechanical design of new and existing products. This person will work with product owners and stakeholders to define, develop, and continuously improve our designs. The successful candidate will have the ability to take initiative in solving the right problems. If you have a passion for electrical and mechanical designs and innovation, this role is for you!
- Participate in product definition and concept design.
- Perform mechanical design of new products from concept to launch.
- Perform mechanical design of existing products for continuous improvement.
- Follow through on designs to ensure proper testing/validation, implementation, and procurement.
- Collaborate with others in engineering, production, and service to help set priorities.
- Perform hands-on testing and validation on new designs.
- Assist in prototype building and development.
- Assist in sourcing and specifying of third-party hardware.
- Plan and lead the mechanical design in accordance with product requirements.
- Review and release mechanical drawings for fabrication
Skills / Highlights
- Currently enrolled in a related undergraduate or graduate degree program, eligible to work the Fall 2021 or Winter 2022 work term.
- 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks preferred).
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, BOMs and drafting standards.
- Experience with electromechanical drives and drivetrains.
- Familiarity with mechatronic systems.
- Work and collaborate with cross functional groups (quality, production, maintenance, contractors, suppliers, and management).
- The ability to understand and troubleshoot mechatronic problems, both mechanical and electrical.
Send us an email with your resume and cover letter!